Coming April 2016 the new Alloy Bullbar to suit the Ford Ranger PXII
ARB’s new alloy bar range for the Ford Ranger PXII development is based upon a few key characteristics. To achieve the weight saving expected of an alloy bar, ARB’s engineers have concentrated on strength through design whilst complementing the vehicles styling.
Three different alloys and tempers are used in production of the ARB alloy bar. These specific grades of alloy have been chosen to provide excellent corrosion resistance and high fatigue strength.Chassis mounts, initially developed for the PX Ranger Summit Bar have been utilised to ensure that the alloy bar is securely mounted to the chassis and the crush rate characteristics of the air bag system are retained. The bar mounts have had extensive Finite Element Analysis (FEA) testing and destructive crush testing to ensure that they do not deviate from the manufacturers chassis impact characteristics.
A number of design elements are featured including the 30mm radius on the wings and centre pan, 60mm outer tube, 48mm centre cross tube, separate bolt in winch mount, pressed top pan with pressed winch cover, buffers and a centre two piece grill.
Protection & Styling Characteristics:
• Vehicle specific design for the 2015 PXII Ford Ranger.
• Registered design of styling and design components.
• 4mm alloy used for wings and pan.
• 60mm x 3mm alloy outer tube and 48mm x 3mm alloy cross tube.
• 30mm radius on wings and centre section.
• Engineered, air bag compatible mounting system secures to chassis via high tensile bolts and hardware.
• Split pan design for maximum strength and airflow.
• 2 piece grill design for split pan.
• Extensive steel under protection panels on centre and either side.
• Pressed top pan and aluminium winch cover panel.
• Combination style bar to suit both winch and non-winch applications. The bar includes a pressed aluminium winch cover panel.
• The lower pan features a knock-out Roller Fairlead panel which is kept in place if no winch is being fitted.
• Durable two piece buffers.
• Will accommodate Warn, Magnum, Bushranger and Smittybilt low mount model electric winches up to 10,000lb. Separate winch mount is required.
• Provision to accommodate ARB Intensity LED’s and a range of IPF lights.
• Provision for optional ARB Fog Light kit
• Includes ARB LED Indicator and Clearance light.
• Two aerial brackets located on the top of the centre cross tube.
• Bar adds approximately 174mm to the overall length of the PXII Ranger.
• Parking Sensor Retro Fit Kit is under development for fitting of Alloy bar to PXII Wildtrack models.
• No Hi Lift jack points provided on the ARB Alloy bar.
• Anti-Reflective Tape Kit is available for customers experiencing reflection on the outer tube.
We would love to discuss this and other products with you. Feel free to drop in or call us at Macquarie 4 x 4. With over 60 years of experience in the 4WD industry, we can ensure that you get the best products for your needs.